FAQs & T&Cs
1. What can I do at The Sundowner?
We have created a nature-based experience centre unlike any other in Singapore, all set inside a conserved shophouse. Choose from Farm Encounters (we are best known for our honeybees), or attend a Nature-based Workshop, like building a mini zen garden. F&B your thing? Make pasta or pizza with us, or even learn you how to make a cocktail.
All that too much work? Just get drinks at our sand bar, or use the rooftop garden as a lounge. Eat food. Read a book. Smoke. Dance. Sing karaoke. Watch a movie. Propose. Get married. Anything legal.
2. What's the F&B policy?
For our F&B experiences, you’ll eat your own creations, e.g. pasta or pizza, or cocktails. You may bring more tidbits to snack on, but all drinks are to be served by us exclusively. Corkage is available.
Our non F&B experiences (E.g. Treehouse-building) don’t have a window for OTOT makan before / after. If you wish to eat before or after your session, you may book a Lounge Session (10% off!) and tabao food up.
3. What is the minimum booking size?
For group join-ins, so you can sign up with any number (inc solo), and we will add participants to the group for that session. If we do not reach the minimum number for that session (usually 4 pax), you may either a) Reschedule the session, and will try to tell you 1-2 days prior. You may then find a new date at your convenience. Or b) Top up to a private session, to guarantee that the session goes ahead.
As our space is limited, do note that only paying participants will be allowed into our premises. Non-participants (caregivers, teachers etc) can be present when paying 50% of the below rates, but may not participate in the activities.
4. How can I book the whole rooftop / bar for exclusive use?
We accept exclusive bookings for a 4hr slot (730 - 1130pm) only via our Movie Screening, on any day of the week. Free Wifi, BBQ, movie projector entertainment system, and karaoke mics are complimentary for MS bookings. Do Whatsapp us if you wish to plan a special occasion such as proposals or birthday parties. 3 cocktails are included as part of this booking to make it a proper party; the price is the same if you prefer non-alcoholic beverages.
5. Child / Elderly-friendly?
Our Experiences are generally suitable for children aged 4 years and up, except our Pasta or Pizza Making which require higher motor skills. For our RFE, we have bee suits for kids.
Take note that you will have to climb a spiral staircase 3 levels up (and down). No lifts – this is a pre-war shophouse. We encourage all guests to wear longs and covered shoes for comfort and safety reasons. Wheelchair access is possible only for Pizza or Pasta-making at Secret Pizza Club on L1.
Yes! However if there are other prior participants, we require their consensus, and dogs should be leashed so that accidents don't occur and tails are not stepped on. Do let us know when making your booking that you plan to bring your pet.
7. I'm scared of bees. How?
Foraging bees are generally peaceful as they are focused on getting nectar and honey – not you. If you do not disturb their nest, they will generally not disturb you. We locate the hives in a corner of the rooftop to avoid accidental contact.
Recommended attire: For your Bee Encounter, we provide bee suits. Do wear longs for protection, and for footwear we recommend covered shoes with high socks.
8. Can I come visit anytime if I'm in the area?
We open by appointment only. Please don't turn up at our door to come visit! Contact us prior and we'll be happy to set an appointment time.
9. Usage of media
Our hosts don't just teach the technical stuff-- they'll help you create a memorable experience that we hope you'll keep for months to come. During your session, they'll also snap pics and vids of you in action, and send it to you after, FOC. We reserve the right to use these pictures for our socials or other publicity, unless you expressly ask us not to do so.
10. The stuff you guys do is so cool, can I join The Sundowner?
Sure! We are on the perennial lookout for talented Hosts, Helps, and Bee Rescuers. Many of our part-timers are previous participants on our activities. More info on our Careers page.
1. All payments are strictly not refundable, except Covid cases where 50% of your payment can be refunded (upon verification of your status). We can postpone your booking based on two scenarios below:
2. If you wish to postpone and inform us more than 3 days (72 hrs) before the event date, no problem, just let us know your new date! There will be no charge to reschedule, but we cannot do refunds.
3. If you wish to postpone but inform us less than 3 days (72 hrs) before the event date, we are sorry that you are deemed to have missed your booking. A refund or reschedule free-of-charge is not possible as we keep our groups small for best vibes -- please understand that your reserved slot prevents others from signing up. You can either a) re-book your event for another date (with 10% off as you'd be considered a returning customer), or b) ask a friend to attend on your behalf.
4. In case of inclement weather, we reserve the right to to postpone the session before the start of the event, or replace it with an alternative indoor activity for the safety of all participants and facilitators. We will usually make this call 1.5h before the start time.
5. If rain comes mid-way through, we have shelters and can continue with your session, unless it is not safe to do so (lightning). No refunds will be made if the session can continue safely.
6. If the session has to end prematurely after it has begun (at our sole discretion), you can book a new session at no extra cost.
7. All vouchers purchased have a validity of 6 months from the date of purchase.
8. All vouchers are strictly non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash in part or full and any unused balance will not be refunded.